Monday, January 25, 2016

fashion week inspo

Fashion week will soon be upon us! The Couture shows have already started and soon it'll be the ready-to-wear collection's turn. I can't wait to see what designers created for this season. I hope to see fluffy coats and over the knee boots again - these are my favorite trends forever for the cold season. Plus, January is my favorite fashion week. I prefer the autumn/winter collections over spring/summer because beautiful coats, boots and layering. The color scheme is also more in my line. I'm excited to see what Balmain, Rebecca Minkoff, Coach, Saint Laurent, Max Mara, Burberry, Isabel Marant and more have in stock for their upcoming collection. Let's hope there won't be too much disappointments or repetitions, I'm not a fan of the latter. 

With the occasion coming soon, I decided to put together a few #FashionWeek appropriate outfits for inspiration to the lucky ones who will be attending show or just for the eye pleasure/fantasizing. Going to fashion week has always been a dream of mind and I hope to check it off my bucket list one day! Till then, let's leave place to our imagination.

Sans titre #2681

With fashion week, most of the time it's 'go bold or go home' which is why I paired two 'bold' prints for this first outfit. The fur jacket is a must for both warmth and fashion focus. I added the Isabel Marant snake print booties as a second statement but kept the overall look in the same color theme to not overwhelm the look. This is fashion week, not circus.

Sans titre #2682

The monochromatic outfits have been oh-so popular over the past months. Most tends to go for black, white or even nude with this trend but after seeing the greyscale outfit Gigi Hadid wore the other day (here), I was sold with this color. There is so many different shades of grey (ha!) available, it's almost impossible to be bored of the color. I followed with a few of my favorite trends: over the knee boots and sweater dresses to make the runway-esque look more wearable and appropriate for the street.

Sans titre #2685

Following along the monochromatic trend, here's an head to toe black outfit. Sometimes, style comes before warmth, just like this revealing decolletage blouse. Add a skinny scarf to tone down the chest area and cover up with a warm, wrap wool coat, you shouldn't get frostbites where you don't want them, ha! Incorporating culottes into these outfits was tricky because they are not season appropriate but with over the knee boots, any spring/summer wear can be worn.

Sans titre #2686

Statement coats are my favorite winter-wear. They can make a plain outfit (ex: black on black) more interesting and fashionable in a second. I love thing animal print one by Burberry from their runway line. When wearing a bold print like this, I like to stay simple/minimalist with accessories. A mini bag and booties are the way to go.

Sans titre #2684

This last look is perfect for London Fashion week because it is - in my opinion - the most casual street style wise. I rarely see bloggers/show goers dressed on their Sunday best when not dressed by the brand. Compared to Paris or even Milan, London is more laid back. I love the beading on the bomber, it gives a dressy look to the winter classic, sweater+jeans combo.