Wednesday, May 18, 2016

sinful color X kylie jenner

Kylie Jenner and nail polishes go hands in hands together. I've always been obsessed with her nail - color, shape and designs - so, when she announced a collab, I was more than excited as most of the time, you can't buy/know what shades she used since she gets them done at a salon. Personally, I'm not a fan of acrylics - they're a pain to take off and not the best thing for your nail's health. In January, Miss Jenner launched her first nail polish collab with with Sinful Colors. When I first glanced at the line, I was a bit disappointed by the color range as I'm not a fan of metallics - I prefer creams - but I guess it was expected as her collection is named King Kylie. These nail polishes were a struggle to find where I live; it took me a little more than four months to see them in store. Of course, I had to grab some as Kylie is my favorite of the Kardashian/Jenner clan. I decided to grab two nudes as I already own enough bright metallics in my collection. 

Sinful color X Kylie Jenner in the shade Kreme de la Kreme

The first one I grabbed is called Kreme de la Kreme. I think the names are cute, they all starts with K's which is a typical Kardashian/Jenner thing. Kreme de la Kreme is a rose gold shade with gold sparkles and though I never jumped in the band wagon for this color/metal, I quite enjoyed it on my nails. The formula applies really well and you only needs two coats (+ top coat) to have a perfect opacity. I can't wait to wear this in the summer on my toe nails!

Sinful color X Kylie Jenner in the shade Kommando

The second shade I got is called Kommando and it's a pink-y nude shade with a little bit of gold sparkles. In the bottle, the color is really pretty but I'm not sure if I like it on me... Nude shades are a struggle with my pale skin. I was surprised with the opacity of this one. Most pale shades needs more than three coats to be fully opaque but this one applied just like a regular polish: only two coats were needed. 


In all, I was really pleased with the formula/time wear of this nail polish. I had never tried gel polishes before but honestly, I don't see the difference between gel and regular as it lasts the same time for me - two weeks. The only thing is that these are a pain to take off - you need a nail polish remover with acetone in it or else it'll take you hours. 

p.s. Tell me if you'd like a review of another shade from the Kylie collab with Sinful. I got a shade from her spring collection who aren't gel ones.